WAVERLEY HILLS ORGANIC WINE AND OLIVES
In 2000 it was decided to enter the organic market. Since then a total of 30Ha of vineyards and 10Ha of olive groves have been planted and cultivated organically. All grapes and olives used for Waverley Hills are cultivated on the estate which is run and owned by the Du Toit family who has over 40 years wine industry experience.
Waverley Hills organic wine is not only a soft, enjoyable drinking wine but is also clean and free of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers and contains up to 50% less sulphur than conventionally produced wines. All vineyards are irrigated with pure mountain spring water and are located on a natural watershed area where both the Breede and Berg rivers originate. The area is renowned for its diverse Fynbos (indigenous flora) giving the wines a unique herbaceous characteristic.
Waverley Hills is HACCP certified to guarantee excellent quality wines. Furthermore, the wine and olive production is certified as organic by the international certification body, Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) and NOP / USDA for America.
Visitors can enjoy sampling the estate's wine and olive products in the tasting room, or dine in the restaurant which boasts panoramic views of the valley. Weddings, conferences and functions are also held at Waverley Hills' stylish and versatile venue. Enjoy the outdoors by exploring our gardens, fynbos nursery or our short hiking trail if you are feeling energetic. We also have wonderful play area with jungle gym for children.
Monday - Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: 11am - 3pm
CLOSED: New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas & Boxing Day
Shiraz Mourverde Viognier 2009
• Challenge International Du Vin 2011 - Best score for Southern
• Silver Award - International Wine and Spirits 2011
• 3½ Stars Platter 2012
• Gold Veritas 2011
• BioFach 2012 - Gold Medal
• 3½ Stars Platter 2012
Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2009
• Silver Veritas 2011
Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2010
• 4 stars Nedbank Green Awards 2011
• 3 stars Classic Wine Magazine
• 3 Stars Platter 2012
• Best of Wine Tourism winner for Sustainable Wine Tourism
Practices 2011 and 2012
• Best Environmental Practices Award Runner Up, Nedbank
Green Awards 2009
• Best Environmental Practices Third Place, Nedbank Green
• Three wines in the Top 10, Nedbank Green Awards 2011
• First organic farm to achieve the Biodiversity and Wine Initiative
Championship status in 2009
• First organic wine to be selected on SAA Premium Class for